A Saudi airstrike in the Yemeni village of Bani Zela in the northwestern province of Hjjah kills at least 25 civilians, mostly women and children, residents and medics say.
“People were fleeing their homes as the helicopters pursued, They committed a massacre for no reason,” one resident, calling himself Khaled, said on Sunday.
Official reports said the attack targeted the Midi district’s Bani Zeila village in Yemen’s Red Sea border area with Saudi Arabia.
This comes a day after Saudi fighter jets targeted a residential building in the capital, Sana’a, killing civilians including four children and one woman.
Furthermore, five people were killed after three Saudi airstrikes targeted Yemen’s southwestern Taizz Province.
Another four lost their lives in similar attacks in Hudaydah Province’s Jabal Ras area. It happened after Saudi forces targeted rescue workers attempting to retrieve bodies from an earlier attack.
Sa’ada Province’s Kitaf area also came under attack by Saudi airstrikes.
Saudi Arabia started its military aggression against Yemen on March 26 – without a United Nations mandate – in a bid to undermine the Houthi Ansarullah movement and restore power to the fugitive former Yemeni president, Abd Rabbuh Mansur Hadi, a staunch ally of Riyadh.
Since the start of the Saudi campaign, Riyadh has carried out a number of mass civilian killings including 36 people at a water bottling plant in August and another 25 at a milk factory in April.
WARNING: Video should only be viewed by a mature audience.
A report released by the Yemen’s Civil Coalition on September 19 said over 6,000 Yemenis have so far lost their lives in the Saudi airstrikes, and a total of nearly 14,000 people have been injured.
Human rights group Amnesty International has also criticized the United States and the United Kingdom for supporting Riyadh’s aggression against Yemen. Amnesty said Saudi Arabia was targeting and killing civilians in the Arabian Peninsula country by using US-made weapons.